Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Yea...its Valentines Day! Our Valentine Day celebrations started off with Isabel bringing Valentines to all the kids in our bible study group. Then we were off to make Valentine cupcakes with Sarah, Alivia, and Tate. Alivia and Isabel had a blast decorating their cupcakes with pink and purple frosting (homemade..thanks Sarah), pink sparkles, and lots of Valentine candies. Alivia was so creative (just like her mommy) and Isabel....well she was more into dipping her fingers in the frosting and licking them (just like her mommy~haha).


On Saturday Isabel and I spent the afternoon visiting Ellen and the dogs (Lola and Madis) and then some special Valentine time with grandma and grandpa. That night I decided that I would make a special dinner for us (stuffed chicken for Jason and I and noodles for Isabel). Our dinner was delicious! Then it was time to exchanged gifts, which was just Valentine cards. Isabel could barely hold it together when it was time to give Jason his card. She insisted in putting them in a bag (like the mailman) and telling me "shh" as she tip-toed down the hallway to surprise Jason with her card and mine. The card that Isabel gave Jason was Hilarious! It had a frog that bounced out of it by a spring when you opened the card. Isabel couldn't stop laughing. And she spent so much time and love in decorating the card for Jason. Lots of stickers and pictures. Finally Isabel opened her card and she couldn't believe her eyes....she got the Tinkerbell card that she wanted! We saw it earlier this week while shopping for a card for Jocie. I told Isabel that maybe she's get it, but I didn't know. She told me, "hey I know, how 'bout someone buys that for me for my dirtday?" I just smiled and said maybe! When she saw the Tinkerbell card right away she said, "hey, this is the card I told you I wanted"!! She was truly surprised.

We spent the rest of the night snuggling together on the couch. Isabel and I took turns sitting by Jason (her and I always fight over who gets to sit by him~I don't know why, I think we just like to "fight" with each other). It was a great Valentines day....just our little family together and lots of LOVE,LOVE, LOVE!!!

0 comments: