Sunday, February 15, 2009

They're Cousins...yeah, yeah (Patty Duke theme song~are you singing it?)

Isabel and Baby Nate are so darn cute together I can barely stand it! I've been very lucky the last few weeks (and it'll continue until summer) because I get to babysit Nathaniel aka Baby Nate, my nephew. I have to be honest, the thought of babysitting a 6mnth old a few months ago, wasn't exactly exciting to me....mostly because I was going to have to be so hands on (which I'm not use to....I have an independent 3yr old), but now that Nate is 9 mnths old....bring it on!! Baby Nate is by far the cutest little man around! He has the cutest, chunkiest cheeks, a big smile and baby thunder thighs!!! Put these together and you get a CUTE baby!

So last week Isabel and Nate had a huge bonding moment. Nate was crawling around the apartment and Isabel decided she would crawl with him. This lead to a follow the leader, crawling style, until they made it to Isabel's bedroom. Once they were in Isabel's room....they were both in heaven. Nate had a blast checking out all the toys and his new surroundings (this was his 1st time in Isabel's room). And Isabel had a blast having a playmate. I stood in the hallway and listened to Isabel talking to Nate, while Nate would baby talk back and laugh. Isabel had a "dirtday" party for Nate and played doctor with Nate. While playing doctor Isabel tried to lift him on her baby's changing table but was unsuccessful. So I decided I would help her out, but only so I could get a photo of it! It was soo cute! Poor Nate didn't know what to think. Isabel didn't even realize, she just kept checking his heart beat. After doctor they played in Isabel's kitchen and had a tea party! It was all too cute for words. The played for over an hour together....perfectly...no hitting, no crying...just two cousins playing and laughing! I couldn't believe it....Isabel is 3 and Nate is 9 mnths! I never would of imagined that they would of been able to bond and play together this soon. It was so special.

I can't even begin to put into words how amazing it is watching Isabel and Nate play together. Isabel is so sweet with Nate. She is always trying to find toys for Nate to play with and is asking him questions. I don't even think she notices that he doesn't answer. And she loves making him laugh....and Nate just eats up all the attention.

Watching Nate and Isabel play so well together also breaks my heart alittle. Its just another reminder that we are missing a baby in our family. My biggest regret will always be not having a baby right after Isabel. If I only knew then what I know now! But thats life....and I know we'll be blessed with a baby when we're suppose to be, which is not right now (in case anyone is wondering). But I can tell you, that there is without a doubt a whole in my heart because we don't have another child, and being with Nate and any other baby just breaks my heart because I want my own little baby, but like I said before, it'll happen when it's suppose to. And I truly feel so lucky and blessed to have this special time with Nate. He is not only the cutest little man around, he is also the most perfect baby EVER! Nate is so chill and so happy. He never cries, (unless I'm picking at his boogers~hee hee) he just smiles and is completely laid back. We brought Nate to Fargo with us (which I was alittle nervous about) and he was perfect. He slept on the way there and back. Sat quietly during dinner time, chilled in the strolling at the mall, and even mananged to not get anties while I held him in the Olive Garden waiting for 45 min. for a table! Seriously...he is perfect!! Thank you, thank you, thank You, Nate for just being you!! I look forward to watching yours and Isabel's relationship grow!

0 comments: