Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We're going sledding, we're going sledding, da,da,da....

We finally made it out to the snow hill for some good old sledding. We were so excited to see how Isabel would do this year. This was Isabel's 3rd year of sledding. She's been a total sledding nut from the beginning, but since she's alittle older and more aware of her surrounding we weren't totally sure if she'd be excited or scared. On the way to Lincoln Park Isabel sang her own sledding song, "We're going sledding, we're going sledding, da,da,da.....Yeah thats what we're doin', da,da,da". It was so cute.


Finally the big moment was before us....and without a moments hesitation, Isabel hopped on the sled with daddy and she was ready to go. And of course, she went crazy. Laughing and yelling so hard, she couldn't get up the hill fast enough to go again. Its moments like this that remind me just how opposite Isabel and I are. Isabel has been a dare devil from day one. She has no fears, which sometimes is a little scary. Now mommy on the other hand, I have become the biggest chicken with age, its ridiculous. I was so scared to go down the hill (seriously what did I think was going to happen to me). But finally I sucked it up and down I went on the sled and guess what? I survived and I even had fun!! So of course, now that I mastered sled riding I was ready to take Isabel with me. I was totally freaking out (again, what am I so afraid of?? Its a sled and snow...get it together Debbie), but we survived and had a blast. I screamed the whole way down the hill which Isabel found very funny.

After an hour or so of going up and down the hill, Isabel had no more patience for the trek up the hill, (which is just her laying on the sled while we pull her up), she decided she needed to get up the hill faster. So Isabel started walking/running up the hill. It was so funny because everytime you thought, "I don't think she'll make it, she's going to fall backwards", but she didn't and she would quickly get on the sled and yell that she was ready. Isabel finally started to feel super courageous, while Jason and I were busy talking to the Troemners, Isabel got on the sled and started pushing herself forward to get the sled going. I saw her out of the corner of my eye, but before we could stop her, down she went. I was so scared (of course I was!!), what if she gets hurt!! And of course she didn't. We stayed at the top of the hill and watch Isabel get off her sled and try to walk up the hill with her sled. She didnt make it too far before she ditched the sled and continued the trek up the hill. Wow!! Isabel you are CRAZY!!!!

I was finally able to take a break from sledding, which meant I was walking around taking pictures of everyone and while I was taking a picture of Cindy and Grace on a sled they conviced me to get on the sled with them!! Yeah, 3 grown woman on 1 sled....hilarious. I couldn't figure out which way to sit, so I finally as I was standing there facing Cindy, I decided to just straddler her! I yelled for Joe to hurry and push us down the hill before I'd fall off. And down we went. We were laughing soo hard and so was everyone around us. We didn't make it very far before crashed, but holy smokes did we have fun!!!

So after us girls had our fun, it was only appropiate that we make the guys have fun.....Somehow we were able to convince Jason, Russ, and Joe to go on the sled together. The boys were so funny because they didn't want to sit between each others legs, (heaven forbid) but finally after some careful thought they were situation. Russ and Joe sat on sled which Jason was squated down on the back of the sled. The boys made it all the way down the hill, or rather Russ and Joe made it all the way down the hill, Jason fell off the back of the sled half-way down the hill. It was so funny. We all had a good laugh. I love moments when the adults act like children.....priceless!!

Finally after almost 2 hours of sledding Jason and I were exhausted and slowly Isabel was falling apart. She was getting crankier and crankier after each trip up the hill, but kept insisting that she didn't want to stop. As she was trying to go down the hill by herself again, (Jason tried to stop her because she was on her knees trying to go down the hill, rather than on her bumper). Jason was able to stop her sled after it moved a few feet down the hill. This of course made Isabel sooo MAD! She had been screaming "no, No, no, NO" when Jason was trying to stop the sled. And when he stopped it, she stood up and screamed at him, "I said NO"!! Oh my gosh, it took everything in me to not laugh. She was sooo MAD, it was hilarious. Then she threw herself on the grown and started kicking (yep, she threw a tantrum). Jason was trying to get her to stop because her boot started to fall off, but she wouldn't listen. And before long her boot fell off, which made her even more mad. So Jason (stooping to her level) says, "see thats what you get", and Isabel quickly stood up and shot around, pointed at Jason and yelled, "no thats what you get!!!" . I completely losted it at this point. I turned around and busted out laughing so hard. So with that, our sledding day was over. Jason was finally able to get her boot on and off we went. By the way, the whole time Jason and Isabel were having their fight, I of course did nothing, but stand and take pictures!!! haha:-)

0 comments: