Tuesday, December 23, 2008

We have a star.........

Tonight was Isabel Christmas dance recital. It was such an exciting night for Isabel and for us. Our little babygirl proved to us once again that she is not our little baby anymore, but indeed a confident 3 year old!!! She danced GREAT....she was PERFECT....we are soooo proud of our little dancer:-)
I can't even begin to explain how exciting that moment was for us. After all Isabel has been in dance for 2 years and has performed on stage with mom right be her side. Now all of a sudden she was left by herself with just the other dancers from class....thats quite a change to say the least for a 3 year old. Since Isabel started the pre-school dance class, we've always been a little worried about recital night. We have been so thrilled that for the last 2 months she is finally participating in dance class for the entire 45 minutes without needing contant re-enforcement from mom. But just because she dancing in dance class doesn't mean she'll dance on the night of recital. And if I was her, I don't know if I could. I can't imagine how scary it must be on a big stage with bright lights and TONS of strangers watching you. And don't forget, she's only 3!!! But wow, Isabel shocked us to no end. We are just soooo proud of her!!!

When Isabel's class walked out on the stage I saw her looking alittle nervous and trying to find Jason and I, so threw my arm up high and starting waving. Immediately Isabel found me and nodded her head, as if to say "okay, mom and dad are here, I'm okay". Then the music started. They danced to a song called "We need alittle Christmas". And it is the cutest, catchiest song I've ever heard. If you've never heard, you need tooo!! And without a moments hesitation, Isabel started doing her tondue points. Then came the sways, the twirls, the body shake/twist, and finally a curtsey to end followed by blowing a kiss and waving. Isabel was grinning from ear to ear, and so were we!!! It was a perfect night and I just can't tell you enough how PROUD we are of Isabel. Yah!!!! Oh and lastly, Isabel not only danced the part, but she also looked the part. Jason and I were in disagreement about how I should fix Isabel's hair (I wanted it down with big curls, but Jason insisted I put it up-he thought it would look nicer). Well Jason was right....Isabel looked like a beautiful ballerina with a perfect "fancy-ballerina-bun"!! And we got tons of compliments on her hair too.....I had no idea Jason was such a fashionista...haha.

0 comments: