Thursday, December 4, 2008

Perfect Thanksgiving


Our Thanksgiving was once again perfect:-) We had dinner at my mom's house with just our family. It was perfect, low-key and quiet....just the way we like it. This year was especially special because we had 3 more guests than last year, my dad, Darrin (my new brother-in-law), and baby Nate.
Right before we serve the meal, its a tradition in our family that we all go around the table saying what we're thankful for and then we have prayer. This is always my favorite part, listening to my family speak from their heart. And guess what?? This year no one cried!!! Also this year Isabel was able to join in and here's what she was thankful for, "umm....Ceasar (thats her puppy that lives at grandmas house) and yummy food". It was sooo cute! And she even topped it off with leading us in prayer.
As we all sat around and enjoyed our yummy dinner (that Ang cooked all by herself...go Ang), I couldn't help but smile. Everything was perfect. I love Thanksgiving. Its my favorite holiday because it means extra special time with my family. We have good conversations, there's lots of smiles and laughs, and lots of "mmmm's this is sooo good". And we are all sitting together at the same table, which is huge in itself. Because to be honest there isn't many times we all sit together for a meal. We certainly have meals together, but a lot of the times someones on the couch eating or in the other kitchen, everyone is just spread out doing their own thing. But not on Thanksgiving, it really becomes a moment when we are all together....and I love it. We are all so blessed to have each other............

0 comments: